Last updated: May 13, 2016
Welcome to the workgroup webpage of the COST Action CM1101
"Colloidal Aspects of Nanoscience for Innovative Processes and Materials"
Concerning all administrative aspects of the action and the Memorandum of Understanding, see the official COST Action CM1101 web page.
The List of the Management Committee Members can be found here.
This Action is a result of teh recognistion that Colloid chemistry is a steadily growing field of immense importance. The enormous diversity of the colloidal processes involved in novel materials and their applications in both advanced technologies and everyday life cannot be overstated. There is a compelling need for exchange, coordination and cooperation in the European colloid community.
The objectives of the action are:
- To provide a platform for cooperation and coordination in the European colloid science domain directed towards development of innovative materials and processes.
- Development of new theoretical approaches and novel analytical
methods for interfacial processes.
- Formulation of new theoretical and analytical approaches to the modelling of phenomena at the frontier of quantum, nano- and microscales.
- Development of novel, reproducible, economic and up-scalable
methods of obtaining various colloidal materials.
- Identification of new routes to designing and characterizing nonequilibrium
- Application of the acquired knowledge for solving problems in relation
to the development of better colloid-based products.
- Engineering of chemical processes and analytical techniques for the
design of colloid-based devices at micro and nano-level.
Domain: Chemistry and Molecular Sciences and Technologies (CMST)